Friday, November 6, 2009

Still plugging away

The cold weather is approaching, so I've moved some of the work into the shop since I last wrote.

I DID manage to find some wicked awesome deals: '55 Chevy driveshaft, all of the necessary body patch panels and a new Saginaw transmission tailhousing.

The saginaw is sitting on my bench right now - in pieces - but all of the gears look good (enough) and the case is cleaning up nicely. (I have to retap one bolt hole).

Not much to look at, but progress none the less!

At the front, I've just ordered the crossmember and Mustang II front suspension. Tubular control arms, 2" dropped spindles, 11" crossdrilled rotors.

I'll be getting a hold of a rear - disk conversion for the 10 bolt rear end - four wheel disk brakes - and hopefully a new set of springs/perches/shocks. If I can get everything before the snow melts, then I will be VERY HAPPY. But there's no rush...

No comments:

Post a Comment