Saturday, November 7, 2009

Woah

JPL called me right after I put the order in for the Mustang II front end and gave me an awesome deal that included shipping, sway bar, and the braided brake hoses as well! It'll probably be too cold to start working on the car when it all arrives (we'll see, I love winter and I have an awesome suit) but there's still lots of stuff to do over the winter anyway.

I've just loaded the tranny casing into the back of the truck - heading up to Dad's so I can tap out a stuck side cover bolt. By the time that's done, the tail housing should be here and I can re-assemble the transmission, paint, fill and set it aside.

Once that's done, I'll start on the clutch... so that IF we get a warm-enough spell that I can put the new crossmember on, then I can shave the rest of the firewall, paint the firewall, set the motor & transmission in the car and fabricate the transmission mount as soon as spring is here.

THEN it's on to the rear end (which will get disk brakes, either in kit form or if I'm lucky and I find an LS1 camaro rear brake setup then I'm golden).

We're movin' slowly!

No comments:

Post a Comment