Sunday, March 21, 2010






I had an awesome day today. Painted and prepped the crossmember and the upper/lower control arms and various parts.  The pics here were taken after the first coat, two coats went on in the end. It's just spray-bombed, but it'll suffice. 










Here's another view. If I had it to do over again... I would have pulled off all the front end metal. I ended up having to work around it way too much, and  removing the whole doghouse would have made life much easier. 






But I digress. Let's move on, shall we?






... So- after the paint dried,  I got the passenger side all buttoned up...

 

... and I moved on to the driver's side. Starting with the upper control arm ...

 

... followed by the lower control arm ...

 

... I then compressed the snot out of the spring, placed my floor jack under the lower arm and set it in place. At that point I mounted the spindle... 

 

... and then the disc brake bracket...

 

... followed by the rotor. There are two bearings - an inner and an outer - that need to be packed. Then a light tap seats the rotor right onto the spindle....

 

... and once that was done, I could mount the caliper. It's important to bench-fit everything before hand, some of these are a bit of a tight fit. Finally, put the dust caps on and that's it 

 

Well, more or less. If you've got common sense and plan everything out, you're golden. 

Check out the unsprung ride height: 

 
Keywords: Chassis Engineering Mustang II M2 Heidts IFS Install 

Now... on to the REAR END!

No comments:

Post a Comment