Monday, September 14, 2009

Crank

Flipped the motor over in the stand today and started pulling apart the bottom end. It's really messy. It's almost 8:30, and I'm exhausted- so I'll stop before I pull of the mains and try to free the crank up.

Oh, did I mention this baby is seized? Yup. Chevy's really are "like a rock".

Well, I probably won't use this block, but since it was more or less free I figure what the hell, I'll keep going. It won't cost me anything to take it right down and then decide if it's worth the cost of machining it.

On the plus side, there didn't appear to be a lot of "rust" in there, even after it sitting in water for so long. So, until it's just a block, I'll keep plugging away.

I'll have to remember to take some pictures tomorrow. Where's that camera?

PS:  Catherine Wheel - Crank - wicked band, awesome song.

No comments:

Post a Comment